Monday, January 26, 2009

Butterflies, Owies & Reading



This was our project today and I got the idea here. All this talk about spring-like weather, I'm thinking about colorful butterflies :) I'm sick of the snow already.. at least today anyway.

Here's how we did it. You draw a butterfly on a piece of wax paper. Draw half a butterfly, then fold the paper over and trace the other half.




I shaved some old pieces of crayons onto a pallet for the kids to work from. They each got their own pallet of colors.





Here's Taylor putting her colors onto her butterfly.






Then you put a piece of wax paper on top and iron on low heat. Put a paper towel over the wax paper to protect your iron. Then cut it out, poke a hole, attach a string and hang in the window!





Pretty & easy!

Taylor pinched her finger on something this morning so after I put a bandaid on her, she wanted me to take a picture of her and "Dory" (she calls this blue whale, one of her bath toys). Dory had an owie too.




The girls were reading books this morning waiting for the little boy to come. Or should I say, they were reading one book that they both wanted.

4 comments:

Jim and Donna said...

Wow how cute is that, I remember doing that when you kids were little, sweet pictures

Heather S said...

What a cute project. You could do any shape..we'll have to try that! How fun!

marlene said...

Adoreable and makes me want spring too!!!

Looked at yesterdays blog too...we think those girls are cuties too.

The other grandma and grandpa.

Angie said...

Very cute project! Looks like fun one :)
The girls are getting so big - love Hailey's little curls! Taylor is such a cutie.