Friday, January 25, 2008

Innocence of a Child

I know no one will ever see our children the way we do through our eyes, but no one can deny the pure innocence of a child. The bad moments are wiped from our memory the moment our child whispers, "I love you, Mama", or waterfalls of tears start falling from her eyes. We forgive the tantrums, screams and cries when she doesn't get what she wants or can't figure out how to do something by herself because the next minute she is the sweetest, most carefree person you have ever seen. We love our child with the kind of love we never knew existed until now, and we will never feel for anyone else but our children. We would do anything for our children, including unsuccessfully try to keep them from anything and everyone that can hurt them in the world. Our children are young and innocent, and we'd love to keep it that way forever.


I saw this poem and couldn't help but post it here:

CHILD
Your lips have blessed my lips and touched my soul,
Your age has been a beauty without time;
In you I held a mirror to my goal,
And felt my love would live on for all time.
Ah! If that sweetness now was touching me,
Ah! If all that’s fine still shone out its fair light,
I'd wrap you warm and lovingly
Hold you close throughout the night.
I held a love that would not let me leave,
I shaped a passion that would never die,
I cried, and now at last it’s time to grieve
For time must - time will - time will ever fly.
-Richard Macwilliam


Darn pregnancy hormones, although I think this might bring tears to your eyes without them. I wish I could go home right now and just cuddle with Taylor all afternoon. She did the sweetest thing this morning. She was so clingy when I dropped her off at her sitter's. I was holding her and patting her back, so I let down my hand to put her down. She reached back, grabbed my hand, and placed it on her back because she didn't want me to stop. Who can deny this sweetness?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

The love we have for our children is undeniably the most amazing thing, in our lives. We would do and sacrifice anything and everything for our children, and not think twice about it. They melt our hearts. :D Give Taylor a hug for us.

Melissa said...

Taylor is SOOOO the girl version of Ben! She is 100% her daddy!!