Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hailey's Heart Update

She's finally getting better! WOO HOO!!
One of the holes is gone and the other is finally getting smaller. We had a follow-up echo ultrasound on her heart murmer this afternoon and the dr said,"Don't want to say you're in the clear, but you're pretty much in the clear!" Did I say,"WOO HOO!" yet?!

I'm so relieved. It feels like 5,000 lbs has been lifted. Honestly, I don't know how I'd ever get through heart surgery on our sweet baby girl. Though I'd be strong for her if I needed to be, it's a big relief that we most likely won't have to go down that road. Thanks for everyone's thoughts today, they are greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

She's one tough cookie!!

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful news, Kara!!! Should have checked this b/4 mtg, then I could have talked to you in person!!!.....uh, yeah, was getting ready for mtg then!! :)

Jim and Donna said...

Yeah, our tough little girl, could hear her cheering on the phone...hugs from this Momma and Papa

Amber said...

That's great news.

Jeff & Aleigh said...

This is WONDERFUL!!! I am so happy to read this post!!

Heather T said...

That's great...thanks for letting me know at mtg...I didn't ck before then either. Hope the rest takes care of itself and she'll be all good to go!!:-)

Bill, Shanda, Kylie & Karena said...

Thats awesome to hear everything is looking better!! What a relief!!