Friday, March 28, 2008

33 week doctor appt


Dr's appointment went well. Baby is measuring small still, but within normal range. Dr said she's just going to be little like Taylor was. She won't expect her to be over 7 lbs again, but we'll see! She was very active when we listened to her heartbeat, and she's still head down. Woo hoo! :) I asked her about the feelings I get every now and then, out of nowhere it feels like baby is head-butting my cervix and trying to scratch her way out. She said that's probably exactly what she's doing, and mom's feel the baby on the cervix directly more with subsequent pregnancies. OUCH! But, the good thing is she says it usually helps dilate faster.

I had major hot flashes after leaving the dr's office. I had to take off my sweatshirt and coat in the car because I was sweating. Yuck! It's gone now, for the most part.

On a positive note, I talked to Taylor's babysitter for a long time when I dropped Taylor off. She is letting go of the 4 year old boy she has because his parents have "forgotten" to pick him up several times and yell at her when she asks them repeatedly to make sure they get him by 5. So, she is thinking really hard about keeping Taylor and the baby. That would be great! She's not sure yet though, since she's never allowed newborns before. I am planning on returning to work Mon-Wed 8 weeks after baby is born, and right now we don't know who is going to watch them.

4 comments:

Jim and Donna said...

Small like her mommy was too...glad all is going good. Hope it all works out with Julie too.

Jim and Donna said...

Cute Pictures Kara, Looking good...glad all is going well. Hugs

marlene said...

Auuhhh Kara, you are so cute.....pictures are adoreable. Yes, hoping everything works out with Julie.

Ashley said...

Kara you look so great! 38 days left, I'm really exited for you guys and cant wait to see pictures of your new little princess! :)