Friday, February 15, 2008

My Doctor Appointment Today

So, I am now 27 weeks along and had another dr appt this afternoon. I had to do the glucose screening today to check if I have gestational diabetes. I don't remember this drink tasting so bad last time! You drink it an hour before you get your blood drawn then they test it to see if your body handles the sugar intake correctly or whatever. I had a HUGE sugar headache after that, and had my regular dr appt. Baby's heartbeat sounded great and I'm measuring a little small, but dr said I measured the same last time - we should just expect another small baby. I go back in 4 weeks then it's every 2 weeks already! Crazy. Also, she suggested to eat gobs of peanut butter or cheese when I got home (protein) to get rid of the sugar headache and it worked! FYI for the future sugar headaches you may have. I'll know by Tuesday if I failed the diabetes test, otherwise if I passed they don't call.


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jim and Donna said...

glad everything went OK for you today, hope you get rid of the headache, hugs to all

Dan Seiler Family said...

I wonder if they changed the formula on that glucose drink because I had mine done on Thursday and felt sick too. With Jacob, it was no big deal, but this time I had to sit by the garbage can through my whole check-up because I thought I was going to be sick. Anyhow, I'm sure your test will come out fine because mine did even though I got a box of chocolates for Valentines Day just the night before ;)
Take Care!

Heather T said...

Glad to hear everything's going alright! Hard to believe you're that far along already! I'm sure the test will be fine....take care!:-)